National Tramway Museum - Crich Tramway Village, 29th October 2016.
Every year the National Tramway Museum at Crich in Derbyshire has a 'Starlight Spectacular', the museum is open until 8pm enabling the trams to run in several hours of darkness. Special lighting effects are installed along the line including a light show on the facade of the Derby Assembly Rooms at the Town End terminus.
Leeds tram No.399 carries decorative lighting and Blackpool 'Toastrack' 166's strings of coloured lightbulbs can be seen to good effect after dark. The 2016 event, held on 29th October, also celebrated Halloween, the Woodland Walk became a ghostly trail and ghostly music was used to good effect along the route. Very much a family event there was also a children's funfair at Victoria Park and live music in the evening at the Red Lion Pub.
This video shows the trams running along the museum line during the day, arriving and departing the Town End terminus as darkness falls, and night time scenes at Wakebridge, Victoria Park and the tram depot. An intensive service was provided all day by the following trams;
• Blackpool Corporation Transport 'Toastrack' No.166
• Blackpool Corporation Transport 'Standard' No.40
• Leeds City Tramways 'Beeston Air Brake' No.399
• Leeds City Tramways 'Convert' No.345
• Blackpool Corporation Transport 'Pantograph' No. 167
• Sheffield Corporation Transport 'Roberts' car No.510
• Berliner Vekehrsbetriebe (BVG) No.223 006-4
• Blackpool Transport Services 'Jubilee' car No.762
• Liverpool Corporation Transport 'Liner' No.869
All these trams can be seen in service on this DVD, plus other trams operating in the depot and workshop area.
Subtitles, no commentary, enjoy the sights & sounds of trams at Crich.
Produced by - Bob Hodges Transport DVD's
Running time - 67 Minutes
Format - 16:9 Widescreen PAL (UK)
Released - 2017