The West Somerset Railway’s Spring Steam Gala 2017 took place in late April, rather than the usual time in March and once again featured some preservation ‘firsts’ as well as some great action during the weekend.
• 53808 hauling 12 coaches unassisted
• A full rake of newly painted blood and custard coaches
• Doubleheaded 4Fs (first time in preservation) & 7Fs
• Goods trains (including doubleheaded 7Fs)
• Driver’s Eye View onboard 2x 4Fs (Bonus Feature).
• S&DJR 7F 2-8-0s, Nos 53808 & 53809
• LMS 4F 0-6-0, No.s 43924 & 44422
• BR Standard Class 4MT 2-6-0, No. 76017
• BR Standard Class 2MT 2-6-0, No. 78018
• GWR ‘5101’ Class Prarire 2-6-2, No. 5199
• GWR Modified Hall Class 4-6-0, No. 6960 ‘Raveningham Hall’
• BR(W) Pannier Tank 0-6-0, No. 1501.
Special Bonus Feature:
The first ever visit of the world famous, LNER A3 Pacific, No. 60103 ‘Flying Scotsman’; a precursor to its visit in September 2017. We feature the locomotive's runs to the WSR on May 23rd as well as it circular tour to and from the WSR onto the Mainline on May 26th.
Commentary and on-screen titles and locations are featured in this video.
Produced by - OVP Steam
Running time - 135 minutes
DVD or Blu-ray
Released - May 2017