.AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER. THIS TITLE IS DUE FOR RELEASE LATE JULY.
Built in 1895, the Snaefell Mountain Railway is a true Victorian enterprise, famously constructed in just seven months! Starting from Laxey the tram climbs to the summit of the only mountain on the island, 2034 feet above sea level. The journey of five miles includes gradients of up to 1 in 12 as the tram winds its way to the summit in 30 minutes. At the top, the passenger is treated to spectacular views of Mann, England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales! Four of the original trams from 1895 are still in regular service.
This official souvenir DVD, produced with full assistance of Isle of Man Railways, includes:
• The complete journey from Laxey, filmed from the driver's cab
• The view from the top with trams arriving and departing
• Trams and motorbikes at Bungalow during the TT Races
• A look at the trams in their depot
• The picturesque Laxey station
Bonus footage: The Douglas Bay Horse Tramway. Built in 1876 the tramway runs for 1.5 miles along Douglas promenade, all the way from the Sea Terminal to Derby Castle, the terminus of the Manx Electric Railway. This is the oldest continually operating horse tramway in the world!
• The complete journey along Douglas prom, filmed from an open top tram on a fine summer day
• A look at the unique century-old trams including the double decker
The DVD is £11.95, or if you prefer you can select the Blu-ray format at £14.95.
Produced by - Train Crazy
Running time - 75 minutes
Format - 16:9 widescreen
DVD and Blu-ray
Released - June 2018