Opened in 1874, the line we know today as The Isle of Man Steam Railway runs from Douglas to Castletown and Port Erin - a distance of just over 15 miles. Passing through the scenic Manx countryside, with coastal views and in the shadow of distant hills, this railway has survived many challenges and today, following huge investment and renewal, is a must-do part of any visit to the island. With beautifully restored 120 year old locomotives, coaches and stations, this 3ft gauge railway is on of the best of its kind anywhere in the world.
This official souvenir DVD, produced with full assistance of Isle of Man Railways, looks at the system in detail including:
• A brief history
• A journey along the line today, looking at all stations
• A visit to the workshops at Douglas and Port Erin Museum
• Morning start at Douglas including 'lighting up' the loco
• Filmed from the lineside, the footplate and a special on-board driver's eye view camera
• Includes all operational locomotives today
Bonus footage: A ride on the Dining Train. Given full access, we join an evening dining train. In the kitchen car with the chef, the food is prepared and drinks are served. A good time is had by all!
DVD Bundle Reduced from £30 to £25!
Produced by - Train Crazy
Running time - 100 minutes
Format - 16:9 widescreen
Blu-ray and DVD
Released - March 2018