3 in 1 is three programmes rolled into one.
It's a Retrovision, a Fade-Away and a Survivors for the Class 31.
The story begins in 1969, the year the re-engining of the Brush Type 2s was completed.
We follow the progress of the fleet right through to 2008 by way of fascinating footage, a selection of graphics and an informative script.
- Green-liveried examples in East Anglia
- Toffee-apple D5511 at Fyffes banana factory
- Shots from the early 1970s
- 31278 on cement in 1979
- Other blue examples including 31174 on the S&C, 31203 at Guide Bridge, 31297 at Leicester, white-stripe 31404 at Reading
- The introduction of Railfreight livery and 31154 at Colchester
- Sectorisation shots of a variety of locos in the new liveries including a triple-headed flask train
- MGR drag-backs at Warrington
- 31417, 31423 and 31442 on postal work
- Passenger work on the famous north-west 'Club Trains' with 31/4s, plus 31101, 31142, 31302 and 31306
- 31113 and 31308 on 1S87
- A pair on snow plough duties
- 31466 & 31207 banking a failed 90 on a Freightliner
- A look at some of the preserved 31s
- The Fragonset locos and other passenger work including the Bedford - Bletchley turns, the Butlins trains and the pink 31601
- Railtour action
- Yellow Network Rail 31s dragging the NMT HST and Serco trains
- The triple-headed Fragonset coal trial.
And much more for your viewing pleasure.
The DVD includes motion menus, scene selection and our commentary off button. Written and Narrated by David Maxey.
Bonus Feature: A speeded-up ride behind D5519 from Peterborough to Firsby circa 1969.
Produced by - Visions International
Running time - 84 Minutes
Format - 4:3
Released - 2008