With the continuing increase in the numbers of Class 66s and the ongoing reduction of older classes of locomotives, there was the distinct possibility that the Traction review of 2003 would cover the entire year in one programme!
Fortunately, there have been enough extraordinary workings and traction developments to more than fill 90 minutes after only five months... so it's business as usual!
Freight Traffic & Traction:
- Overhauled DRS Class 47s leaving Springburn Works
- Class 58s leave the UK for Spain
- 20301 & 37610 at Cameron Bridge on the mothballed Methil branch
- Chiltern Line Royal Mail diversions
- Newly repainted 47793 on a test run with MGR hoppers
- 37038 working the Avonmouth - Crewe cars
- 47270 hauling the Stanlow - Humber tanks
- 47197 on Heavy Haul coal duties
- 37418 on the Fort William - Blyth alumina tanks
- 46035 hauling the Bristol - Old Oak Common mail vans
- 47749 on the Norholt - Calvert 'Binliner'
- 56018 at Tiverton (in Devon!) with a rake of HAA coal hoppers
- 4 x DRS Class 37s on the Grangemouth - Daventry
- 47778 on the Bow - Heck Plasmor
- 47799 on the Riccarton tanks
- Class 14 D9504 shunting steel traffic at Chatham Docks
- 67022 hauling stone empties from Brandon to Peterborough
- 47747 hauling the china clay 'Silver Bullets'
- FIVE locos and FOUR wagons on one DRS train
- The unveiling of 37422 at Cardiff Canton
- And the transfer of former Virgin Class 47/8s to Freightliner Heavy Haul!
Passenger Traction, Workings, Railtours & Specials
- 56114s extraordinary appearance on the Rhymney - Cardiff service on April 8th
- Class 31s return to Portsmouth Harbour on service trains
- Former FGW 47s re-enter service for Virgin
- 87001 transformed back into BR corporate blue
- Chiltern Line 'Bubble Car' enters service
- New Midland Main Line-liveried HST power car 43089 on Dainton
- Top & Tail Class 31s hauling the 'Queen of Scots' from Victoria to Cardiff
- 57306 visits Whitby
- Class 40 D345 returns to the Pennines
- D1015 'Western Champion' on the Mendip Rail outing to North Wales
- 73130 on the Shepperton branch with a Serco Test Train
- Class 33s on 'Desiro' stock moves for South West Trains
- 37428 on the Windsor & Eton branch with the Structure Gauging Train
- 31459 ventures to Stranraer, Milngavie and Bathgate with an Inspection Saloon
- Railtrack's 73213 on its main line test run
- Res Class 47s reach Onllwyn on Serco duties
- Class 31s venture to Fort William with the Ultrasonic Test Train
- FOUR HST power cars running light engine from Longsight to Laira
- Class 73s on the Barnstaple branch en route to Meldon Quarry
- Serco-liveried HST enters service 47224s ill-fated main line return
- And 47200 & 47309 working in multiple on the Mid-Norfolk Railway!
News stories, factual information, an astonishing assortment of strange workings and locomotive classes - all mixed with plenty of thrash - make this DVD the most comprehensive modern traction record of the first five months of 2003.
Produced by - Locomaster Profiles
Running time - 90 Minutes