Rare and fascinating films of Ocean Liners from the 20th century. The British Pathe collection of films is one of the largest archives.
This is a presentation of some of the most famous newsreels from their ocean liner collection.
• Aquitania at Liverpool 1914
• RMS Queen Mary in various films including a colour film of the liner arriving at the King George V dry-dock in Southampton
• Aerial views of six liners in port in 1931
• New liner Canberra
• Travel film of the Union Castle liner Transvaal Castle
• Kaiser Wilhelm in Southampton with Majestic and Bremen in the Floating Dock at Southampton – this includes scenes of the Berengaria
• Britannic launching and fitting out at Belfast 1914
• United States first arrival in Southampton and Blue Riband record
• Oriana being launched at Barrow and fitted out 1959
• Queen Elizabeth in wartime grey in Table Bay
• Troopships including Dunera
• Normandie films from first services to fire and capsize in New York
• Opening of the Ocean Terminal at Southampton in 1950
• Queen Elizabeth grounded off Calshot and last departure from Southampton in 1968
• Launch of Canberra and trials in service
• L’Atlantique on fire at sea and 1969 films of QE2 on trials and a royal visit.
Produced by - Kingfisher Productions
Running time - 60 Minutes
Released - September 2020