This 100 minute programme features examples of all of the diesel types that have appeared in these two far Western Counties from the 1960s to the end of 2012. We see scenes of early diesel-hydraulics right through to the GM Class 66s & 67s.
Types that feature in this programme are: Class 03, 04, 08, 09, 14, 20, 22, 25, 31, 33, 35, 37, 40, 42/43, 45, 46, 47, 50, 52, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 66, 67 & HST.
Highlights are many but here are some tasters to whet the appetite....
- Diesel shunters in green, blue, grey & red including main line passenger haulage!
- Class 14 clag at it's very best!
- Class 20 railtours + Chipmans weedkiller train
- Class 22 NBL type 1s from 1962 to 1970
- Class 25s in the 1970s
- Class 31s in the 1980s
- Class 33s on freight & passenger
- Hymeks in North & South Devon
- Cornish 37s from 1978 to 2001 and a one-off clay duty in 2005!
- Class 40s at Penzance, St Budeaux and Paignton
- A feast of 'Warships' in Devon & Cornwall
- Pre-TOPS 'Peak' action
- 47s from 1972 to 2010
- Class 50s at Exeter / Newton Abbot / Penzance etc
- Deltics main line and an outrageous preservation view!
- 56s on railtour & timber traffic
- First passenger working of 57601 + FGW, Advenza & Virgin 57s
- 58s on freight in Devon & railtour duty in Cornwall
- 59 railtour action
- 60s in both Devon & Cornwall + the unique Class 60 passenger working by 60098
- 66s in red, green & blue
- The first Class 67 HST drag, postal work, holiday trains, local trains etc
- Finally HSTs including views you're unlikely ever to have seen!
Produced by - Globe Video Films
Running time - 100 Minutes approx
Released - 2014