SECTOR 37 features the English Electric Type 3 fleet during the decade of change that was the 1990s, and shows how the locos' work and appearance evolved as they moved from the sectorisation period, through the Trainload freight era, and into the private sector.
A huge variety of fascinating footage, informative graphics and, of course, a detailed script, convey the full story of this period of transition.
- Coal sector 37897 and 37701 on Stormy Bank
- Construction 37425 at Peak Forest
- The uniquely-liveried BSC blue 37501
- 37905 and 37906 double-heading steel near Port Talbot
- A brief glimpse of triple-headed ore at Mossend
- 37901 on limestone at Preston
- 37073 on MOD stores train
- 37294 at Shap on Speedlink
- 37378 on Mostyn acid tanks
- 37/7s on Stanlow oil trains
- 37407, 37415, 37425, 37426 and 37430 on North West 'Club Trains'
- 37191, 37223 and 37408 on Weymouth passenger turns
- 37431 at Inverness
- 37088 and 37184 on Edinburgh passenger services
- Departmental grey 37258 at Reading
- Load Haul, Mainline and Transrail workings, including 37710 at Toton, 37023 at Lowestoft and 37901 at Llanwern
- The Class 37/6s
- EWS 37s on nuclear flasks, including the pioneer 37350
- 37058 on logs at Chester
- 37042 and 37047 climbing the Lickey with an Enterprise
- 37/4s on the North Wales Coast and the Rhymneys
- And plenty more.
The programme also illustrates almost every livery the Class 37s carried in the 1990s... so step into the time machine and give yourself a nostalgic treat!
Features: Motion menus, scene selection, 'commentary off' option.
Produced by - Visions International
Running time - 70 Minutes
Format - 4:3
Released - 2008