RAIL EXPRESS DISC NO. 1 (45 mins)
Produced in conjunction with Rail Express magazine in 1997, the programme features Class 59/2 locos at Ferrybridge Depot, plus busy scenes at nearby Milford Jct. 1960s, 70s and 80s 'archive' footage with varied diesel types including 40s, 45s, 55s and 'Woodhead Electrics' is followed by a look at freight operations through the Channel Tunnel in 1996. For the modeller there is a detailed look at the 'Tonbridge' 4mm layout.
• Railrover visits Milford Junction
• New liveries take to the rails
• Channel Tunnel operations
• The Rattle and Roll Years
• A ‘Deltic’ back on the mainline
• Tonbridge - prototype & model
RAIL EXPRESS DISC NO. 2 (85 mins)
Class 66 production in Canada; plus a '66' cab ride from Thornaby to the Boulby Potash Complex, followed by a day at Sandling Station near Folkestone with Eurostars, local electrics and freights. Nostalgia is catered for with film of Class 26 and 27 at work in Scotland, Class 40s in the 1960s and 70s south of the border plus views of Paddington from the 60s to the 70s. Contrasting with the archive film is superb and varied footage in and around Warrington in 1998.
• Ride the Boulby ‘Potash train’
• Paddington in the 1960s & 1970s
• EWS ‘66s’ being built in Canada
• A look back at the Class 40s
• Freight hotspot - Warrington
• Scottish Sulzers in the 1980s
RAIL EXPRESS DISC NO. 3 (90 mins)
Starts with a major feature on Doncaster, with its TMD shown in detail, followed by film of '37s' in North Wales and in France. Scottish archive footage includes the 'Ayrshire Explorer' with the last Swindon 'Inter-City', plus Classes 20, 24,25 and 37.
Modelling is catered for with a superb 5" gauge; gauge model of the prototype 'Deltic' with archive film of the prototype in action! Finally, a look at the busy Wembley freight yard followed by a cabride to Dollands Moor and back onboard a Class 92 in 1999.
• Class 37 locomotives in focus
• Doncaster - Then and Now
• UK’s busiest yard - Wembley
• North Wales loco-hauled
Produced by - CineRail
Running time - 220 Minutes (3 discs)