4 DISC SET
Step back into the action of 2021, this four disc blu-ray, Steaming Around Britain 2021 features over six hours of top quality action from around the UK. Showcasing a varied collection of steam locomotives, working at both preserved railways and on the mainline, from the little tank engines to the large pacific's working hard, as they haul a variety of different trains, at locations around the UK.
Whether you're a mainline, preserved or narrow gauge enthusiast, this blu-ray has something for everyone. With footage featured from the Scottish Highlands through to the Snowdonian National Park, what more would you need to recall the best bits of 2021?
A wide collection of heritage railways are featured from around the UK, some of which include:
• Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway
• East Lancashire Railway
• Embsay & Bolton Abbey Railway
• Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railway
• Keighley & Worth Valley Railway
• Great Central Railway
• Middleton Railway
• North Norfolk Railway
• North Yorkshire Moors Railway
• Severn Valley Railway
• Statfold Barn Railway
• Tanfield Railway
• Threlkeld Quarry Railway
Mainline charters are featured from throughout the year, each travelling at speed at various locations around the UK. Charters include 'The Jacobite', 'The Waverley', 'The Pendle Dalesman', 'The Fellsman', 'The Lakelander', 'The White Rose', 'The Northern Belle', 'The North Wales Coast Express', 'The Cumbrian Mountain Express', The Scarborough Spa Express', 'The Hadrian' plus others too.
A collection of photo charters are featured during the blu-ray including 0-6-0T 'Terrier' No.2678 and 0-4-0 Cockerill Type IV No.8 'Lucie' at the Embsay & Bolton Abbey Railway, GWR 64xx No.6412 and auto trailer No.167 at the Chinnor & Princes Risborough Railway, LNER Y7 No.1310 and LNER Y1 No.68153 at the Middleton Railway, Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0 No.11 'Fiji', Fowler 0-6-2T 'Saccharine' and 0-4-0ST No.2 'Prince' at the Statfold Barn Railway.
• Mainline charters are included from a selection of different locations across the UK including Shap, Beattock, Settle & Carlisle Railway, the 1 in 37 Lickey Incline, North Wales Coast, West Highland Extension, Cumbrian Coast, Miles Platting, Welsh Marches, the 1 in 48 climb from Liverpool Lime Street to Edgehill plus others too.
Many locomotives are featured including: 6201 'Princess Elizabeth', 45699 'Galatea' (running as 45562 'Alberta'), 45407 'The Lancashire Fusilier', 60163 'Tornado', 46100 'Royal Scot', 46115 'Scots Guardsman', 6233 'Duchess Of Sutherland', 60103 'Flying Scotsman', 34046 'Braunton', 35018 'British India Line', 45690 'Leander', 7029 'Clun Castle', 62005, 44871, 45212 plus others too.
• The Severn Valley Railway opened the 2021 season with their 'Spring Steam Up' event, featuring visiting locomotive GWR 29xx No.2999 'Lady Of Legend'. Basked with spring sunshine the event featured various locomotives from the home fleet including 1501, 7714, 813, 6960 'Raveningham Hall', 34027 'Taw Valley' and 43106.
• Four trips to the Scottish Highlands are featured of the award winning 'Jacobite' service. Running from Fort William to Mallaig, LNER K1 No.62005, LMS 5MT No.44871, LMS 5MT No.45407 'The Lancashire Fusilier' and LMS 5MT No.45212 are seen hauling services at various locations. For periods during the 2021 season, two of the Black 5 locomotives were turned to face Fort William.
• The Ffestiniog Railway once again featured heritage passenger services throughout the main season, hauled by the smaller locomotives from Porthmadog to Tan-y-Bwlch. The Welsh Highland Railway hosted a visit of Garratt K1 from the Statfold Barn Railway, and the 'Bygones Weekend' returned to the Ffestiniog Railway in October, all of which are featured.
• Several photo charters are featured from several railways including Chinnor & Princes Risborough Railway, Middleton Railway, Embsay & Bolton Abbey Railway, Threlkeld Quarry Railway and Statfold Barn Railway.
• 2021 saw the final workings of LNER A4 No.60009 'Union Of South Africa'. Having moved to the East Lancashire Railway during 2020, No.9 worked a series of trains throughout the 2021 season before been withdrawn earlier than anticipated.
• Throughout the four discs a wide collection of events are featured from many different preserved railways including freight demonstration services, vintage services, gravity trains, express services and much more.
The blu-ray features no commentary, allowing you to fully appreciate the sound of the steam locomotives working hard. Short titles are included throughout informing you of the date, railway / charter name, locomotive and location.
Produced by - Steaming Around Yorkshire
Running time - 361 minutes approx (4 discs)
Format - 16:9 Widescreen UK PAL
Blu-ray (4 discs) and DVD (4 discs)
Released - January 2022