Adelaide's Glenelg tramway uses the route of a 5 foot 3 inch gauge steam line from the city to the popular seaside resort of Glenelg.
Converted to electric traction at 600V DC in 1929, the gauge was modified to 4 foot 8½ inches, for compatibility with the tramway system.
When the tram system closed in 1958, the Glenelg line survived, becoming one of the last few places in the world where traditional interurban equipment could be seen in service.
In 2004, it was completely refurbished, and eleven new European low-floor trams acquired.
The line was extended up King William Street to North Terrace, and further extension is under way.
This thoroughly enjoyable DVD was filmed in 1998, 1999, and 2009 and has numerous scenes showing the original interurban cars, which remain in regular use.
Produced by - Camden Miniature Steam Services
Running time - 55 Minutes