Visions International has teamed up with Beaver Sports, the owners of 55022, to bring you the definitive inside story of the loco's restoration, testing and return to the main line, culminating in the unfortunate events of 6th October 2006.
But there is hope on the horizon - the journey back has already begun, and proceeds from this DVD will go towards the cost of repairing the loco's damaged engine.
• 22's move from Hornsey to Barrow Hill hauled by 40145
• A look at the restoration
• A review of the 'Second Age', featuring RSG on Virgin service trains and railtours all over the country
• Under static test on the load bank
• The first public outing at the Barrow Hill 'Doncaster Farewell Event', with footage from the cab and lineside
• The line-up of all six preserved Deltics at the same event
• The main line test run with 22 hauling 55002 back to York
• The run to Newcastle and back from on-board the train and line-side
• Shake-down testing at the East Lancs Railway
• The first railtour, the 'Moray Mint', including the light engine move from Bury to Bo'ness towing 26024 and 40145, and tour footage at Linlithgow, Waverley, Forth Bridge, Dalmeny, Drumochter, Inverness, and on-train.
• The Bo'ness diesel gala featuring a classic Haymarket line-up
• The 'Autumn Highlander' charter at King's Cross, Tallington, Retford and Doncaster, where the 'leg-out-of-bed' occurred
• After the tour heads north at Balne and Berwick, the programme rounds off with the return run and 22 double-heading with 40145
• All this and lots more gen you won't hear anywhere else.
The DVD includes motion menus, scene selection and the ability to turn off the commentary. Written and Presented by David Maxey.
Produced by - Visions International
Running time - 81 Minutes
Format - 4:3
Released - 2006