Sunrise Sunset UK spends a full day at a busy and popular location, recording a typical day of passenger and freight trains.
For the fifth programme in the series we head to Oxfordshire and spend the day at Hinksey Yard. Situated adjacent to the Banbury, Oxford and Didcot mainline, the great thing about this location is the footbridge running right through the middle of the yard and over the mainline - making it possible to see all trains, all moves, all the shunting and every arrival and departure.
Filmed on a fine sunny day in July 2014, in the yard 08879 is busy shunting wagons and preparing trains. DBS Class 66s arrive and run around their lengthy car trains from the nearby Cowley plant; 66515 arrives with a crane and 70802 pauses for a while with the Westbury - Bescot engineers train.
On the mainline the flow of passenger and freight trains is continuous with various 66s and 70s on container trains plus a rail train and numerous stone trains. Passenger trains are worked by Class 165, 166 and 180 DMUs plus Class 220 and 221 Voyagers and HSTs.
Includes maps and an informative and interesting commentary.
The DVD is £16.95, or if you prefer you can select the Blu-ray format at £19.95. Please note you will need a Blu-ray player or PlayStation 3 to play a Blu-ray disc.
Produced by - Train Crazy
Running time - 100 minutes
Format - 16:9 widescreen
DVD and Blu-Ray
Released - October 2015
Customers also bought
Browse DVD Producers
Search by Price
- Riding the Cumbrian Coast: Cab Ride - Carlisle to Preston
- Riding the DCR Ballast Train - Shap Quarry to Derby
- Riding the Carlisle Log Train
- Riding the DRS Inverness Intermodal - Cab Ride: Mossend to Inverness via the Highland Mainline
- Riding the Colas Oil Train - Preston to Lindsey
- Big Freight 7
- Big Freight 9
- Big Freight 11
- Riding the DRS Aberdeen Intermodal - Cab Ride: Aberdeen to Grangemouth
- A Journey on the Inspection Saloon - Willesden to Ashford
Multi Discs & Box Sets