Part Two covers the Hereford - Gloucester - Worcester - Lickey - Bescot section.
One of the Railtour highlights of 2016 was the Rail Operations Group 'Class 37/8 Thrash Bash' tour. This was only the second Railtour operated by ROG and the first using locos and stock and what a pair of locos they were - Class 37s, 37800+37884.
Salvaged from the scrap line and returned to the mainline, both are operated by Europhoenix and painted in their stunning red and grey livery. Neither had worked a passenger train for decades making this Railtour something special.
Starting out from Derby, as the 'Thrash Bash' title may suggest, the idea was to work the locos hard, so they took in many gradients including the Lickey and this was an out-and-back circular route via Birmingham, Hereford and Worcester. The train load was 10 coaches and a Class 47 on the back!
With almost 500 people on board, over 1000 more were line side, recording this special occasion.
Filmed with the full permission of ROG, our cameras were on board for the day and the full seven hours of daylight running was recorded. With a few short showers early on, it blossomed into a gorgeous day of lovely sunshine and delightful autumn colours!
With our special 'thrash' cam in the back cab of the second loco, not only is this a noisy cab ride, the route itself is quite amazing; from mainline running in Birmingham; to the single line through the Malverns; tunnels, signal boxes and superb lower quadrant semaphores - this Railtour really did have it all!
The DVD (2 discs) is £19.95, or if you prefer you can select the Blu-ray format (1 disc) at £22.95. Please note you will need a Blu-ray player or PlayStation 3 or 4 to play a Blu-ray disc.
* Part One - covers the Hereford - Gloucester - Worcester - Lickey - Bescot section.
Produced by - Train Crazy
Running time - 229 minutes (3 hours 49 mins)
Format - 16:9 widescreen
DVD (2 discs) and Blu-Ray (1 disc)
Released - January 2017
Customers also bought
Browse DVD Producers
Search by Price
- Riding the Cumbrian Coast: Cab Ride - Carlisle to Preston
- Riding the DCR Ballast Train - Shap Quarry to Derby
- Riding the Carlisle Log Train
- Riding the DRS Inverness Intermodal - Cab Ride: Mossend to Inverness via the Highland Mainline
- Riding the Colas Oil Train - Preston to Lindsey
- Big Freight 7
- Big Freight 9
- Big Freight 11
- Riding the DRS Aberdeen Intermodal - Cab Ride: Aberdeen to Grangemouth
- A Journey on the Inspection Saloon - Willesden to Ashford
Multi Discs & Box Sets