From Perth to Inverness, the Highland Mainline is one of the most scenic railway lines in the UK. Passing through open fields, picturesque valleys, mountainous landscapes and remote villages, this 118 mile railway is without a doubt one of the great railway journeys of all time.
Add a mixture of single and double track running, traditional signalling, two severe gradients plus some magnificent stations and it just gets better.
Filmed with the full assistance of DRS, this is a cab ride on 4H47, the northbound ‘McTesco’ Intermodal train from Mossend to Inverness, filmed on a fine sunny day in May 2011. The locomotive in charge is the now de-named and de-branded 66414 ‘James the Engine’.
With a journey time of three hours 45 minutes this programme is available as a double-disc DVD or in stunning hi-definition on a single Blu-ray disc and passes all of the scenic parts of the route including the slow climb up Drumochter and Slochd, passage over the magnificent Culloden Viaduct and the train continues right into the freight terminal at Inverness where the offloading and reloading is filmed. Includes live cab sounds, part-narration and on-screen captions. Filmed in 16:9 widescreen.
For the first time ever see the Highland Mainline in full 16:9 widescreen.
For the first time ever see the Highland Mainline in stunning hi-definition on the Blu-ray version.
Produced by - Train Crazy
Running time - 225 Minutes
Format - 16:9 widescreen
DVD (2 discs) and Blu-Ray (1 disc)
Customers also bought
Browse DVD Producers
Search by Price
- Riding the Cumbrian Coast: Cab Ride - Carlisle to Preston
- Riding the DCR Ballast Train - Shap Quarry to Derby
- Riding the Carlisle Log Train
- Riding the DRS Inverness Intermodal - Cab Ride: Mossend to Inverness via the Highland Mainline
- Riding the Colas Oil Train - Preston to Lindsey
- Big Freight 7
- Big Freight 9
- Big Freight 11
- Riding the DRS Aberdeen Intermodal - Cab Ride: Aberdeen to Grangemouth
- A Journey on the Inspection Saloon - Willesden to Ashford
Multi Discs & Box Sets