Produced with the full assistance of Direct Rail Services.
The Grangemouth to Aberdeen Intermodal is one of the few regular freight flows in Eastern Scotland. Operated by Direct Rail Services and running six days a week, the train passes through many of the scenic and well known locations of Stirling, Perth, Dundee, Arbroath, Montrose and Stonehaven on its 137 mile journey.
Filmed with the full assistance of DRS, this cab ride features the 4N83 southbound train from Aberdeen on a fine day in May 2011 and to add a twist, the locomotive in charge was 66304, one of the newly acquired batch of ex-Fastline Class 66/3 locomotives.
With a journey time of four hours this programme is available as a double-disc DVD or in stunning hi-definition on a single blu-ray disc and includes all of the scenic parts of the route with hundreds of stunning yellow gorse bushes in full bloom alongside the deep blue North Sea as the railway skirts the coast plus live cab sounds, part-narration and on-screen captions. Filmed in 16:9 widescreen.
Produced by - Train Crazy
Running time - 240 Minutes
Format - 16:9 widescreen
DVD (2 discs) and Blu-Ray (1 disc)
Customers also bought
Browse DVD Producers
Search by Price
- Riding the Cumbrian Coast: Cab Ride - Carlisle to Preston
- Riding the DCR Ballast Train - Shap Quarry to Derby
- Riding the Carlisle Log Train
- Riding the DRS Inverness Intermodal - Cab Ride: Mossend to Inverness via the Highland Mainline
- Riding the Colas Oil Train - Preston to Lindsey
- Big Freight 7
- Big Freight 9
- Big Freight 11
- Riding the DRS Aberdeen Intermodal - Cab Ride: Aberdeen to Grangemouth
- A Journey on the Inspection Saloon - Willesden to Ashford
Multi Discs & Box Sets