Cab ride: Shap Quarry to Derby via Preston, Crewe and Stoke.
This is a cab ride from Shap Summit Quarry to Chaddesden sidings at Derby, filmed over two fine days in September 2014.
Running along the WCML through Preston and to Crewe and then via Stoke to Derby, the train was a one-off working of 15 loaded stone wagons powered by a DC Rail Class 56, loco 56303.
The journey was quite eventful as on the approach to Wigan the loco suffered a fault and the train was stabled outside Springs Branch depot overnight. With 56312 sent to assist, the whole train went forward the following day!
With a dead loco and nearly 1800 tonnes in tow, 56312 was on top form (and full power) for much of the journey. At Stoke, 56303 was restarted and working in multiple, the two locos powered their way to Derby!
Filmed with the full assistance of DCR, the entire journey is shown, including all the semaphore signals and signal boxes on the Crewe – Derby line. A special ‘thrash cam’ in the back cab records the locomotive(s) in full effect. Part narration, on-screen captions and maps.
Filmed in 16:9 widescreen.
Approx 5 hours running time (2 discs)
The DVD is £19.95, or if you prefer you can select the Blu-ray format at £22.95. Please note you will need a Blu-ray player or PlayStation 3 to play a Blu-ray disc.
Produced by - Train Crazy
Running time - 5 hours (approx)
Format - 16:9 widescreen
DVD (2 discs) and Blu-Ray (1 disc)
Released - October 2014
Customers also bought
Browse DVD Producers
Search by Price
- Riding the Cumbrian Coast: Cab Ride - Carlisle to Preston
- Riding the DCR Ballast Train - Shap Quarry to Derby
- Riding the Carlisle Log Train
- Riding the DRS Inverness Intermodal - Cab Ride: Mossend to Inverness via the Highland Mainline
- Riding the Colas Oil Train - Preston to Lindsey
- Big Freight 7
- Big Freight 9
- Big Freight 11
- Riding the DRS Aberdeen Intermodal - Cab Ride: Aberdeen to Grangemouth
- A Journey on the Inspection Saloon - Willesden to Ashford
Multi Discs & Box Sets