Running with the headcode of 6J37, the afternoon timber train that runs from Carlisle to Chirk is one of the best known freight flows in the UK today.
Operated by Colas Rail and initially hauled by Virgin Trains’ Class 57/3s and then DRS Class 57/0s, the train was routed via the West Coast Main Line. Today, it is worked by Colas-owned Class 66/8s and runs via the Settle and Carlisle line.
Filmed with the full assistance of Colas, this cab ride starts at Carlisle Yard and continues through to Warrington, filmed on a fine sunny September day. The loco was 66848.
With a journey time of four hours this programme is available as a double-disc DVD or in stunning hi-definition on a single blu-ray disc and includes all of the scenic sections and viaducts on the S & C with live cab sounds, part-narration and on-screen captions. Filmed in 16:9 widescreen.
For the first time ever...
See the S & C in full 16:9 widescreen!
See the S & C in high definition on the Blu-ray version!
The DVD is £19.95, or if you prefer you can select the Blu-ray format at £22.95. Please note you will need a Blu-ray player or PlayStation 3 to play a Blu-ray disc.
Produced by - Train Crazy
Running time - 240 Minutes
Format - 16:9 widescreen
DVD (2 discs) and Blu-Ray (1 disc)
Customers also bought
Browse DVD Producers
Search by Price
- Riding the Cumbrian Coast: Cab Ride - Carlisle to Preston
- Riding the DCR Ballast Train - Shap Quarry to Derby
- Riding the Carlisle Log Train
- Riding the DRS Inverness Intermodal - Cab Ride: Mossend to Inverness via the Highland Mainline
- Riding the Colas Oil Train - Preston to Lindsey
- Big Freight 7
- Big Freight 9
- Big Freight 11
- Riding the DRS Aberdeen Intermodal - Cab Ride: Aberdeen to Grangemouth
- A Journey on the Inspection Saloon - Willesden to Ashford
Multi Discs & Box Sets