Fascinating archive film, kindly supplied by London's Transport Museum, shows Gate Stock in operation and the building of the 1930s extensions to Cockfosters, Northfields and South Harrow.
A cab ride on a District Line train between West Kensington and Northfields shows the rebuilding of Hammersmith and Chiswick Park stations in the early 1930s, and Northfields depot is shown under construction.
The period when the line was operated by 1938 and 1959 tube stock is covered, including operation on the Heathrow extension.
The last day of the Aldwych branch is featured, including a cab ride and tours with Starlight Express and 1959 stock Heritage Train.
The United Airlines advertising train and refurbishment of the 1973 stock are covered.
The second part of the DVD is devoted to a detailed look at the operation of the line today, including trains, track layouts and station architecture.
Produced by - J & K Video
Running time - 93 Minutes
Customers also bought
Browse DVD Producers
Search by Price
- Riding the Carlisle Log Train
- Riding the Cumbrian Coast: Cab Ride - Carlisle to Preston
- Big Freight 9
- Riding the DRS Inverness Intermodal - Cab Ride: Mossend to Inverness via the Highland Mainline
- Big Freight 11
- Riding the DRS Aberdeen Intermodal - Cab Ride: Aberdeen to Grangemouth
- A Journey on the Inspection Saloon - Willesden to Ashford
- Big Freight 10
- Big Freight 8
- Riding the Tyne Valley: Carlisle to York
Multi Discs & Box Sets