This title is due for release early May 2017. Pre-order your copy today.
Merseyrail's Northern Line is a self-contained, commuter-based, high-frequency electrified railway, operating three core services to four destinations. The line we know today came about with the opening of the link and loop lines in Liverpool in 1977. Electric trains to and from Ormskirk and Southport ran underground to a new city terminus and with electrification extended to Kirkby (1977), Garston (1978) and Hunt's Cross (1983) the system we have today was completed.
Today, all services are worked by the 1978-1980 built Class 507 and 508/1 EMUs, the latter being transferred from the Southern Region in 1981-1984. In total there are 41 route miles, 35 stations, a main depot at Kirkdale, a stabling point at Southport and 59 three-car units provide the service.
This programme includes: A brief history; the Class 502 and 503 stock; early footage of the 507s and 508s; footage from the four lines today; the DMU interchange at all four terminals; a morning start from Kirkdale; ECS moves; the 507s and 508s running today; lost freight lines; the Bootle Branch; the North Mersey Branch; Class 73 IM trains; unusual workings; facts, figures, trivia and maps. Filmed 2016/2017.
The DVD is £16.95, or if you prefer you can select the Blu-ray format at £19.95. Please note you will need a Blu-ray player or PlayStation 3 or 4 to play a Blu-ray disc.
Produced by - Train Crazy
Running time - 100 minutes
Format - 16:9 widescreen
DVD and Blu-Ray
Released - May 2017
Customers also bought
Browse DVD Producers
Search by Price
- Riding the Cumbrian Coast: Cab Ride - Carlisle to Preston
- Riding the DCR Ballast Train - Shap Quarry to Derby
- Riding the Carlisle Log Train
- Riding the DRS Inverness Intermodal - Cab Ride: Mossend to Inverness via the Highland Mainline
- Riding the Colas Oil Train - Preston to Lindsey
- Big Freight 7
- Big Freight 9
- Big Freight 11
- Riding the DRS Aberdeen Intermodal - Cab Ride: Aberdeen to Grangemouth
- A Journey on the Inspection Saloon - Willesden to Ashford
Multi Discs & Box Sets