Carrying an average of more than four million passengers per day, the London Underground is famous as one of the most historic, fascinating and iconic Metro systems on planet Earth! This book is a pictorial look at that system, packed with over 100 high quality full colour images from around the network taken both above and below ground.
Written by Jason Cross, author of the London Underground guide books, all of the photographs were taken by the author between 2012 and 2015. The book not only includes all eleven Underground lines, but also every type of passenger stock currently in use on the system and much more.
Highlights include the new S Stock trains and the trains of A Stock and C Stock that they have replaced, along with the soon-to-be replaced D Stock. The battery locomotives which are used to haul engineering trains - usually overnight - are included at a variety of locations, along with the autumn Rail Adhesion Trains, the Track Recording Train and a variety of unusual workings.
The sight and sound of a 19th century steam locomotive hauling a train of wooden bodied carriages on the London Underground is not something many would associate with a 21st century Metro system, but that is exactly what has happened on a number of occasions in recent years to celebrate various anniversaries - including 150 years since the opening of the first line in 1863. The book includes a chapter devoted to these workings with several pictures of the special trains below ground.
This book is a must have for anybody who has an interest in London's diverse and historic Underground system.
• 100 pages
• Printed on glossy art paper
• Perfect bound
• A4 landscape
• Published - November 2015
• Price: £16.95 (including UK delivery) (MX911)
(Please note there are additional charges for delivery to Europe and the rest of the world - see options above).
Customers also bought
Browse DVD Producers
Search by Price
- Riding the Cumbrian Coast: Cab Ride - Carlisle to Preston
- Riding the DCR Ballast Train - Shap Quarry to Derby
- Riding the Carlisle Log Train
- Riding the DRS Inverness Intermodal - Cab Ride: Mossend to Inverness via the Highland Mainline
- Riding the Colas Oil Train - Preston to Lindsey
- Big Freight 7
- Big Freight 9
- Big Freight 11
- Riding the DRS Aberdeen Intermodal - Cab Ride: Aberdeen to Grangemouth
- A Journey on the Inspection Saloon - Willesden to Ashford
Multi Discs & Box Sets