Metre Gauge on the Western Railway.
By 1997 the only Indian Railways steam operations were on metre gauge, in Western Railway territory. This DVD shows steam near Udaipur in January 1997, and Wankaner and Morvi in April 1999.
The Bari Sadri Branch
In January 1997, steam traction on the scenic line from Udaipur to Himatnagar and Ahmedabad was withdrawn. Apart from some shunting at Udaipur and Chittorgarh, the sole remaining diagram worked 222 Marwar Passenger from Udaipur to Mavli Junction, then the Bari Sadri branch train, and a return working of 221 Passenger in the evening. Locos were standard YP Pacifics and YG class 2-8-2s.
Wankaner - Maliya Miyana
Conversion to broad gauge of the metre-gauge line from Viramgam to Rajkot isolated the former Morvi Railway metre gauge line from Wankaner Junction to Maliya Miyana. Built in the 1880s as a 2ft 6in gauge roadside tramway, the line was converted to MG between 1905 and the 1930s. By April 1999, BG conversion was impending north of Dahinsara. Only sparse passenger services were being worked.
Produced by - Railstuff
Running time - 71 Minutes
Customers also bought
Browse DVD Producers
Search by Price
- Riding the DCR Ballast Train - Shap Quarry to Derby
- Riding the Cumbrian Coast: Cab Ride - Carlisle to Preston
- Riding the Carlisle Log Train
- Riding the DRS Inverness Intermodal - Cab Ride: Mossend to Inverness via the Highland Mainline
- Riding the Colas Oil Train - Preston to Lindsey
- Big Freight 9
- Big Freight 11
- Riding the DRS Aberdeen Intermodal - Cab Ride: Aberdeen to Grangemouth
- Big Freight 15
- A Journey on the Inspection Saloon - Willesden to Ashford
Multi Discs & Box Sets