The Railway Workshops & Depots and the locomotives and stock they produced explored using archive film and contemporary footage.
Wolverton - Deliveries of stock, the site in the 1980s, an enthusiast event in October 1988, the works traverser in action plus the site and area today. Also the products of Wolverton including the Royal Train.
Ashford - Film from the 1950s showing steam in the works and the main line alongside. Film from 1972 during a special steam event. A look at the rolling stock produced at Ashford. The site in 2016.
Eastleigh - The 1930s, 1950s and 1960s showing a range of classes in and around the works and station.An Open Day in the 1950s and the Centenary Celebrations of 2009 with a wide range of steam and diesel electric power. The rolling stock produced by Eastleigh from the days of the Southern Railway and British Railways. The site in 2016 with an exploration of a thriving railway workshop.
Old Oak Common - A look back at the depot and site using a programme made in 1994. Steam and diesel power is shown over a period of many years.
The DVD is £18.95, or if you prefer you can select the Blu-ray format at £20.95. Please note you will need a Blu-ray player or PlayStation 3 or 4 to play a Blu-ray disc.
Produced by - Transport Video Publishing
Running time - 110 minutes approx.
DVD and Blu-ray
Released - August 2016
Customers also bought
Browse DVD Producers
Search by Price
- Riding the Cumbrian Coast: Cab Ride - Carlisle to Preston
- Riding the DCR Ballast Train - Shap Quarry to Derby
- Riding the Carlisle Log Train
- Riding the DRS Inverness Intermodal - Cab Ride: Mossend to Inverness via the Highland Mainline
- Riding the Colas Oil Train - Preston to Lindsey
- Big Freight 7
- Big Freight 9
- Big Freight 11
- Riding the DRS Aberdeen Intermodal - Cab Ride: Aberdeen to Grangemouth
- A Journey on the Inspection Saloon - Willesden to Ashford
Multi Discs & Box Sets