Opened in 1987 the DLR has become one of the most successful and well-used modern light rail systems in the world, carrying a staggering 101 million passengers in 2013/2014!
Extended on numerous occasions, today the railway serves five principal terminals over 23 route miles and operates 149 trains, built between 1991 and 2010.
Filmed with the full permission and assistance of DLR, this programme looks at the line from Bank to Lewisham - one of the busiest routes on the system - with a train every five minutes off-peak. As well as footage from various stations, there is a full length 'cab ride'.
There are also 'cab rides' from Stratford to Canary Wharf and Tower Gateway to Canning Town plus an extended feature on Canary Wharf, one of the main stations on the system.
All of this is accompanied by maps, trivia and other information plus action from Poplar and All Saints stations.
Filmed with the full assistance of DLR
The DVD is £16.95, or if you prefer you can select the Blu-ray format at £19.95. Please note you will need a Blu-ray player or PlayStation 3 to play a Blu-ray disc.
Produced by - Train Crazy
Running time - 90 minutes
Format - 16:9 widescreen
DVD and Blu-Ray
Released - May 2015
Customers also bought
Browse DVD Producers
Search by Price
- Riding the Cumbrian Coast: Cab Ride - Carlisle to Preston
- Riding the DCR Ballast Train - Shap Quarry to Derby
- Riding the Carlisle Log Train
- Riding the DRS Inverness Intermodal - Cab Ride: Mossend to Inverness via the Highland Mainline
- Riding the Colas Oil Train - Preston to Lindsey
- Big Freight 7
- Big Freight 9
- Big Freight 11
- Riding the DRS Aberdeen Intermodal - Cab Ride: Aberdeen to Grangemouth
- A Journey on the Inspection Saloon - Willesden to Ashford
Multi Discs & Box Sets