Fifteen years have passed since trams returned to London in the shape of the Croydon Tramlink and like many other modern UK systems, it has been a great success, with a credible 32.3 million passengers carried in 2014/2015.
The system today operates four primary routes. From Wimbledon in the south, trams serve a town centre loop around Croydon and then split towards Beckenham Junction with a short branch to Elmers End, and a major route through to New Addington.
This programme features a driver's eye view around the system, filmed from the cab of tram 2543. Starting with a look around the main depot at Therapia Lane, we board our tram and set off on a journey over the entire system.
Filmed in July 2015 with the full permission of Tramlink, every station, junction and tunnel is shown including the interlaced track near Mitcham, the 512-metre long Sandilands tunnels, fast running on the Addington line and we even manage to run onto the rarely used centre track at East Croydon.
The DVD is £14.95, or if you prefer you can select the Blu-ray format at £17.95. Please note you will need a Blu-ray player or PlayStation 3 to play a Blu-ray disc.
Produced by - Train Crazy
Running time - 115 minutes
Format - 16:9 widescreen
DVD and Blu-Ray
Released - October 2015
Customers also bought
Browse DVD Producers
Search by Price
- Riding the Cumbrian Coast: Cab Ride - Carlisle to Preston
- Riding the DCR Ballast Train - Shap Quarry to Derby
- Riding the Carlisle Log Train
- Riding the DRS Inverness Intermodal - Cab Ride: Mossend to Inverness via the Highland Mainline
- Riding the Colas Oil Train - Preston to Lindsey
- Big Freight 7
- Big Freight 9
- Big Freight 11
- Riding the DRS Aberdeen Intermodal - Cab Ride: Aberdeen to Grangemouth
- A Journey on the Inspection Saloon - Willesden to Ashford
Multi Discs & Box Sets