Introduced from 2014 and operated by DRS, the Class 68 is a new-breed of Bo-Bo diesel locomotive, designed for express passenger trains and heavy freight.
Officially known as UKLight, these powerful 3750hp locos, with their 16-cylinder Caterpillar engines have a top speed of 100mph and are based at Carlisle Kingmoor depot. So far, 25 are in service with more on order; six are leased to Chiltern for their express passenger work; two are painted in Scotrail livery for commuter trains and the remainder carry the smart DRS compass livery and are used for freight and other duties. 19 of them are named.
This special compilation DVD looks at these locos at work in 2014-2016. From container trains in Scotland to double heading on the Daventry - Mossend Tesco Express; Mountsorrel - Crewe ballast trains; and passenger trains out of Marylebone, Edinburgh and in East Anglia.
Presented in the format of minimal narration with on screen captions, this DVD showcases the Class 68s and the many trains they work, countrywide.
The DVD is £14.95, or if you prefer you can select the Blu-ray format at £17.95. Please note you will need a Blu-ray player or PlayStation 3 or 4 to play a Blu-ray disc.
Produced by - Train Crazy
Running time - 75 minutes
Format - 16:9 widescreen
DVD and Blu-Ray
Released - November 2016
Customers also bought
Browse DVD Producers
Search by Price
- Riding the Cumbrian Coast: Cab Ride - Carlisle to Preston
- Riding the DCR Ballast Train - Shap Quarry to Derby
- Riding the Carlisle Log Train
- Riding the DRS Inverness Intermodal - Cab Ride: Mossend to Inverness via the Highland Mainline
- Riding the Colas Oil Train - Preston to Lindsey
- Big Freight 7
- Big Freight 9
- Big Freight 11
- Riding the DRS Aberdeen Intermodal - Cab Ride: Aberdeen to Grangemouth
- A Journey on the Inspection Saloon - Willesden to Ashford
Multi Discs & Box Sets