Blackpool Illuminations are the greatest free light show on earth! Every autumn six miles of the promenade in this famous Lancashire seaside town are decorated with over one million light bulbs to provide a stunning visual display.
Founded in 1879 and usually shining for 66 nights every year, the Blackpool Illuminations are famous worldwide. Starting at Starr Gate at the southern end of Blackpool’s prom, the display stretches six miles to the town of Bispham, passing many of Blackpool’s famous landmarks, including the Pleasure Beach, the Tower and the three piers.
As well as the roadside display, on the cliff tops between Cabin and Bispham at the north end, the promenade side itself is home to dozens of huge illuminated tableaux featuring characters from TV, cartoons and fiction.
In addition to this, there are four illuminated trams which provide tours of the lights, including the unmistakeable and magnificent Western Train, which was restored to service in 2008.
This Blu-ray features the very best of Blackpool’s Illuminations and the trams with footage from the road in both directions, a detailed look at the tableaux and a feature on the illuminated trams.
Produced by - The Blackpool Tram Shop
Running time - 65 minutes
Format - 16:9 widescreen
Blu-ray and DVD
Customers also bought
Browse DVD Producers
Search by Price
- Riding the Carlisle Log Train
- Riding the Cumbrian Coast: Cab Ride - Carlisle to Preston
- Big Freight 9
- Riding the DRS Inverness Intermodal - Cab Ride: Mossend to Inverness via the Highland Mainline
- Riding the DRS Aberdeen Intermodal - Cab Ride: Aberdeen to Grangemouth
- A Journey on the Inspection Saloon - Willesden to Ashford
- Big Freight 10
- UK Light Rail and Tram Museum Guide 2013 (First Edition)
- Big Freight 8
- Riding the South West Log Train - Part 1
Multi Discs & Box Sets