With new locos, new liveries and new flows, once again, we go in search of the longest, the heaviest and the biggest freight trains.
Included in this edition is a feature on the Fiddlers Ferry coal circuit which probably employs the most varied traction anywhere, with classes 59, 60 and 66 working for DB Schenker, classes 66 and 70 for Freightliner and throw in a GBRf class 66 on the Gypsum trains and it’s an interesting freight-only railway.
One of the longest and most extreme freight trains of modern times has been the movement of big yellow pipes from Hartlepool to Georgemas Junction. Only running on certain dates and with an overnight path, it’s only possible to film this train on the Far North line during a few weeks of mid-summer and that is what we did. See footage of 66099 on its epic journey on Britain’s most northern freight flow. Includes footage of the unloading at Georgemas and the empties back.
The scenic railways of the Cumbrian Coast and the S & C offer diverse freight flows. See the various flask and acid trains on the Cumbrian and for anybody following current freight workings on the S & C, that magical 90 minute period with gypsum, engineers, coal and logs makes this line THE place to be on a fine sunny afternoon!
Footage from the Freightmaster hotspots of Water Orton, Tamworth, Fairwood Junction, Carlisle and Dalwhinnie is included.
As well as the locomotives, a staggering number of different wagons and flows are featured including coal, steel, containers, intermodal, engineers, logs, oil, stone, coke, cement, lime, scrap, gypsum, china clay, water cannon, alumina and flasks.
The remarkable sight and sound of Deltic 55022 on the North Blyth tanks and that incredible working from Fort William.
• Filmed on broadcast-standard equipment
• Full widescreen 16:9 production
• Stunning picture quality in hi-definition on the Blu-ray version
• Not filmed in the rain!
• No camera shutters clicking away in the background!
• Full money-back guarantee if not 100% satisfied
The DVD is £19.95, or if you prefer you can select the Blu-ray format at £22.95. Please note you will need a Blu-ray player or PlayStation 3 to play a Blu-ray disc.
Produced by - Train Crazy
Running time - 120 Minutes
Format - 16:9 widescreen
No. of Discs - 1
DVD and Blu-Ray
Customers also bought
Browse DVD Producers
Search by Price
- Riding the Cumbrian Coast: Cab Ride - Carlisle to Preston
- Riding the DCR Ballast Train - Shap Quarry to Derby
- Riding the Carlisle Log Train
- Riding the DRS Inverness Intermodal - Cab Ride: Mossend to Inverness via the Highland Mainline
- Riding the Colas Oil Train - Preston to Lindsey
- Big Freight 7
- Big Freight 9
- Big Freight 11
- Riding the DRS Aberdeen Intermodal - Cab Ride: Aberdeen to Grangemouth
- A Journey on the Inspection Saloon - Willesden to Ashford
Multi Discs & Box Sets